Narrowboat AREandARE

From the 2009 & 2010 tantalising tales, traumas and stunning photographs of Barry (photographer) and Sandra (writer) from New Zealand aboard NB 'Northern Pride', to the stories of their 2013 return journey, purchase of 'AREandARE', progress on sustaining their live aboard continuous cruiser lifestyle, and Barry's quest to gain residency and 'Indefinite Leave to Remain' in UK ...

Wednesday 31 October 2012

Contract signed ...

Our Hillview Terrace buyers have signed the sale and purchase agreement and will be putting their 10% deposit down on our house as soon as we get to see it and sign too - how exciting!  I'll be back in Gisborne on Monday 5th November, so we'll get it sorted and confirmed as soon as possible after that.

Barry came up to visit me on Sunday which was lovely - it gets a little bit lonely up here being on call 24/7.  However it's really not too difficult to stay and work here for a couple of weeks due to its stunning beauty - below are a couple of photos of Tokomaru Bay, taken from the road as I travelled back to Te Puia Springs from an antenatal visit this morning ...


You can see why they call NZ 'Aotearoa - Land of the Long White Cloud'

I've had a few people expressing an interest in being supported on a journey through Holistic Life Coaching with me, so I'm very hopeful I'll get my final three clients signed up in the next week or two for my Diploma case study hours.  I'll still take clients after those places are filled - they'll just not be at a reduced rate.

We're seriously looking at narrowboats now, and have had some communication with a couple selling their boat.  We're not sure it's quite what we're looking for, but it's certainly a lovely boat that we'll bear in mind in the coming weeks ...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra,
    I think at the current time it's really a buyers market for narrowboats and there are plenty of them for sale. So if I was looking to purchase I wouldn't be in a hurry to purchase sight unseen.
    Did you know the waiting time for ILTR (Indefinite Leave to Remain) was extended from 2 to 5 years effective 12 Jul 2012?
    Best wishes
    Tom & Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that Tom - Barry's in charge of the boat buying and is very astute. Having had the experience of finding Northern Pride, we know there's a huge range out there! Likely we'll buy before we come, once we find what we're looking for, but will definitely get someone we know to check it out first.

    No, I didn't know about the increase in ILTR rules - ah well, we plan to stay 'indefinitely' anyway, so it's not a problem :-)
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete