Narrowboat AREandARE

From the 2009 & 2010 tantalising tales, traumas and stunning photographs of Barry (photographer) and Sandra (writer) from New Zealand aboard NB 'Northern Pride', to the stories of their 2013 return journey, purchase of 'AREandARE', progress on sustaining their live aboard continuous cruiser lifestyle, and Barry's quest to gain residency and 'Indefinite Leave to Remain' in UK ...

Monday 8 June 2009

Almost back on board!

Barry's now en route to Hong Kong, then to Heathrow where he should arrive tomorrow afternoon. A sad time for him, though he wants to return to England and his dream trip, it was very tough for him to leave Gisborne knowing he may not see his dad again.

I’ve been into Brighton today to get a few bits and pieces. I went in on the bus and thought I’d have a lovely walk back along the sea-front – little did I realise it was about 5 miles and took me over 2 hours! My feet are killing me! Never mind, we’ll be out for either an Indian or an Italian dinner this evening, so I won't feel guilty about eating as I must've lost half a stone today!


Brighton seafront

Evesham Marina called to say that everything had been completed on Northern Pride and I think he told me how much it was going to cost, but it sounded a lot less than I was expecting so I hope I heard correctly but I suspect I didn’t! Apparently it’s a good job we’re not returning until Wednesday as the river levels have risen with the heavy rain they’ve had recently, and by then they should've subsided. It’ll be good to be back on board again and actually moving! Not sure yet where we shall go after Stratford-Upon-Avon - north or south?

No comments:

Post a Comment